Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I cry trickery!

Has anyone seen the new Dove commercial yet? The one intended to give women everywhere severe NIGHTMARES? It shows, under a special light, that "regular" soap leaves a web of soap scum all over your body. Dove, on the other hand, leaves you the fuck alone apparently.



Isn't this a new ball of crazy? I'm going out right now and buying this product...if only to rub it all over my walls. I'm sure my walls will be nice and clean and not full of soap scum. Right.

I did some online research and discovered that Dove noted they have taken "artistic liberties" with the images. How many other people are going to walk around thinking their bodies are covered in a flaky web of gross soap scum? Please, Dove, remove thy ad! Your artistic liberties gross me out... and, besides, the local news teams do enough to fake-scare the beejeezus out of the public already.



( & "funny" feminist article here)

5 comments:

sageweb said...

I am sorta excited about all my scum I have on my body now...I will admit..I did itch a little bit now that I know I am a scum carrier.

Miss Healthypants said...

Craziness!

Lorraine said...

Like Sage, I wanted to get excited about my newly realized scum but when I realized I didn't feel itchy or scratchy, I thought, "Hey! I don't use Dove! Maybe Ivory soap is made of exactly the same stuff as Dove. Where's an infrared camera when you need one!"

I feel oddly cheated.

Br. Jonathan said...

One time when I was babysitting Portia, she got under the sink and ate a whole bar of Dove soap - - and the threw it up. I had to clean up slimy, bubbley stuff cascading down the stairs.
To this day, I can't stand the smell of that stuff.

Iwanski said...

Does your soap leave you covered with little Blagojeviches and Cheneys?