Friday, August 8, 2008

Jukebox Friday - Nerds are all around us...

I should start out by saying that I don't like seeing that my last post was last Jukebox Friday. This week I turned 27 and I have a lot to blog about, but I think I fell into a writer's depression this week. OK, so maybe it was just a big pit of lime vodka, cherry schnapps, and tequila. I can comment that I had a fantastical birthday and everything should be great, but I finally admitted this week that I need a job. Y'all are groaning and throwing things at me, but this seriously should be a time for me to make money. Before the big expensical items come along like houses and babies.

ANYWHOO. This song we heard in Lebanon and it is very nerdy, trust...BUT it gets in your head and has quirky lyrics about cake and science and my favorite lyrics:

I'm not even angry.
I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me.
And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
As they burned it hurt because I was so happy for you!


The song is from the end-credits for a nerdy game called "Portal" and it was composed by Jonathan Coulton. Jonathan Coulton is the genius behind "Code Monkey" and "Tom Cruise Crazy" and other fantastical songs you can hear HERE. (seriously listen to Tom Cruise Crazy. Skullcrusher Mountain and the melodic cover of Baby Got Back are great too.)

Enjoy all this nerdiness kids.

1 comment:

sageweb said...

Oh I like that. Very nice. Any song with cake in it is a good song!